Sliding windows are two or three sash windows that open from right to left by moving on a track. The simple design makes this window easy to operate and cost effective.
Benefits of Sliding & Gliding Windows
A sliding window offers the following benefits:
Easy to Operate. A sliding window moves on a track system, which makes the window easy to open and close.
Longevity and Durability. Sliding windows don't need an operable crank system (like a casement or awning window) or pulleys or springs (like a double-hung window). Sliding windows glide easily on a track system, which improves performance for years to come.
Improved Airflow and Outside Views. Sliding windows can fit within the space of a single, double or even triple-sized, horizontally-designed window. Sliding windows offer improved airflow and views to the outdoors.
Affordable. Sliding windows are simple in design, which makes it less costly to make and buy.
Energy Efficient. Vinyl sliding windows can replace your storm windows that you install and uninstall every year because they have a higher energy efficiency value.
Horizontal Sliding Windows - Product Features
Horizontal sliding glass windows offer the following features:
- Vinyl frames that don't peel, chip or crack.
- Fusion-welded main structures and frames that add strength and rigidity.
- A 'Swing and Clean' sliding glass window has sashes that tilt in to make window cleaning easy.
- Warm edge spacer system and insulated glass.
- Hidden screen track that adds modern beauty with its clean lines.
- Multi-chamber mainframes and sash to improve energy efficiency.
- Airtight seal and theft-deterrent locks for added security.
- Half window screens come standard with sliding glass windows. Full window screens are also available.
- Sills are sloped to drain water to the outside.
- Double barrier weather-stripping to prevent water and air from entering your home.
- Available in a variety of sizes.
Where You can use a Sliding Window
Sliding windows are most commonly installed in basements, living/family rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms.
Sliding Window Design Options
Reduce your energy costs and add style to your home with the following sliding window design options:
Decorative Window Grilles and Grids. Grids are placed inside the insulated glass to keep window cleaning easy to do. Grid options include Double Prairie, Colonial, Prairie, and Diamond.
Internal Mini Blinds that Tilt. Mini blinds placed on the inside of the window won't need cleaning and keeps out the sun.
Interior Wood Grain Veneer Finishes. At America's Dream HomeWorks, we offer a variety of interior wood grain veneer finishes including foxwood, light, medium, and dark oak, and cherry.
Vinyl Frame Exterior Colors. Choose from a variety of exterior vinyl frame colors to match your home's exterior. We offer a variety of trim options that'll enhance the beauty of your home. Colors include green, tan, brick red, beige, gray, clay, black, white, and brown.
Upgrade Your Window's Glass. Reduce your home's utility costs by upgrading your sliding window to premium glass.
Self-Cleaning Glass. Self-cleaning glass prevents debris and dirt from sticking to the glass, while rain or water spray washes it away.