Steel Security Screen & Storm Doors
Steel security screen and storm doors have the same features of a traditional storm door but includes additional benefits to improve the security of your home. Steel security storm and screen doors are made of a three inch tubular steel frame with mitered corners for added strength. There are also four different lock styles that will provide peace of mind to you and your family.
Steel Security Screen and Storm Door Benefits
A steel security and screen storm door provides the following list of benefits:
Increases security. Because the steel security screen and storm door has steel, high-security deadbolts, and double strength glass, it increases your home's security against intruders.
Provides a decorative touch to a side, front or back entry. We offer over 62 designs of steel security screen and storm doors to complement any home.
Reduces energy costs. Adding a steel security storm door to your home minimizes any leaks coming through the entry door. This reduces your heating and cooling bill.
Increases ventilation. Many steel storm doors come with screens that allow cool breezes into your home during the summer months.
Costs less than replacing your entry door. Replacing your front door is expensive. One way to improve your home's energy efficiency is to install a steel storm door.
Low maintenance. The storm door's glass protects the entry door and reduces the need to re-stain and repaint it over time.
Increases natural light. If your entry door is solid, a steel security door can allow a large amount of light to the inside of your home while providing added security at the same time.
Decorative Security Storm Door Product Features
The main features of a steel security storm door include:
- A 16 gauge, 3 inch tubular steel frame that is fully mitered for rigidity and strength.
- Four lock styles are available to add both function and security to the door.
- Latch protector plate prevents forced entry.
- Available in a variety of sizes including 32, 34, and 36 inches wide by 80 and 84 inches tall.
- Extruded aluminum framing with double strength tempered glass and a full length fiberglass screen lets in cool breezes and the sun while keeping out insects and bad weather.
- High strength pneumatic door closure.
- Three heavy duty, permanent forged hinges per storm door with powder coating and brass knuckles.
- Hardened steel vault pin to eliminate forced entry.
- Bottom expander that comes with double fin weather-stripping to keep out bugs and the elements.
- Baked-on powder coat finish that is available in 16 colors, which is applied in a five stage wash system.
- Spectrum series comes with a retractable screen, a triple bottom sweep and a 1 1/4x 4 3/16 inch frame.
- Decorator series comes with decorative beveled glass, a 1 1/4 x 4 inch wide sculptured frame, a triple bottom sweep, and an insulated frame core.
- Deluxe series comes with fiberglass screens, a double bottom sweep, and a 1 1/4 x 3 5/8 inch side frame.
- DuraGuard series comes with permanent .023 stainless steel screens, a double bottom sweep, and a 1 1/4 x 3 5/8 inch wide frame.
- Superview series comes with a single bottom sweep, a fiberglass screen, and a 1 1/4 x 2 5/8 inch frame.
Where you can use a steel security storm door.
Steel security storm doors can be installed in the back, front, garage service, and side entrances of a home. They are available as double doors, single doors, round and arch topped doors, and even doors with sidelights.
Steel Security Storm Door Hardware, Designs and Styles
Improve function and add style to with the following options:
Decorative door patterns.Choose from 62 door patterns from the Studio, New Dimensions, Decorator, and Classic Series.
Paint colors. The Home Guard line has a selection of 18 paint colors you can choose from.
Lock options. There are four lock options to choose from. They include:
- The universal lock includes a keyed knob set and a and double cylinder deadbolt. It's available in antique brass.
- Super Security Unilock comes with a 1 inch throw deadbolt and a day latch feature that locks the knob from the outside. This lock comes in brushed chrome or antique brass.
- Super Security Unilock/Lever Set is the same as the Super Security Unilock but has a solid brass lever.
- The Brass Slimline lock has a double cylinder deadbolt with a full one inch throw, a solid brass escutcheon plate and a European-style lever.
Mail and magazine slots. These slots are available in satin nickel, antique brass, and polished brass.