Exterior Steel Entry Doors
Steel entry doors combine two pieces of thick steel skin and a polyurethane foam core together to provide a durable exterior door that can be stained or painted to improve the value, energy efficiency and curb appeal.
Benefits of an Exterior Steel Front, Back or Side Door
Exterior steel entry doors provide the following list of benefits:
Costs less than a fiberglass or wood door.
Reduces Energy Costs. The exterior steel door is filled with polyurethane foam to reduce heating and cooling costs. We also offer low energy efficient glass exterior steel doors.
Higher resale value and enhanced curb appeal. The first thing people see when they see your house is your front door. A newly stained or painted front door will enhance your home's curb appeal and increase the value of the house.
Exterior steel doors don't splinter or rot like wood doors.With galvanized outer and inner steel sheets, an exterior steel door will not rot or splinter like a wood door does..
Increased security. A steel entry door has steel-edged perimeters so it's stronger and more stable than a wood door. Adding new lever sets, locksets, keyless entry and deadbolts to this door increases your home's security.
Low maintenance. The exterior steel door's skin is easier to maintain than a wood door.
Higher fire ratings. Steel doors have a 90 minute fire rating.
Exterior Steel Door Product Features
The features of a steel entry door includes:
- A 20 or 22 gauge steel door for reduced waves and denting, which has 48 percent more steel than a 25 gauge steel door.
- Constructed in two pieces that includes a thermal break.
- Contains a 2.5 inch polyurethane foam core that provides thermal protection (R-value is a 13).
- Reduce energy costs with Energy Star insulated glass steel door packages.
- Heavy duty handle sets, hardware, deadbolts, and lever sets in a variety of finishes.
- Compression weather stripping that creates a weather tight seal. Bottom sweep upgrades are available to strengthen the weather strip.
High performance exterior steel door frames provide the following features:
- The jamb and strike plate is steel-reinforced for added security.
- Composite door bottom is rot resistant.
- 4"x10" composite lock block adds strength.
- Continuous sill to prevent leaks and gives the door a better fit.
- Steel-edged perimeter provides increased strength and stability.
- 90 minute fire rating to add peace of mind and safety.
- Create a perfect fit with an adjustable hinge system.
- Limited lifetime warranty and 30 year clear glass and 20 year decorative glass warranties.
- Large selection of sizes to choose from.
Where you can use an exterior steel entry door- front, back, side and garage service door areas
Choose us at America's Dream HomeWorks to install your exterior steel entry door in the front, side, back and garage service entrances of your home. Exterior steel doors come in four varieties: double door, single door, French door, or a door with sidelight(s).
Exterior Steel Entry Door Designs, Hardware and Styles
Reduce energy costs and add style with the following options:
Caming and decorative glass patterns. Choose from a variety of colored and decorative glass designs to create a stunning look or reflect light in a number of ways. Several types of Polaris patterns include Baton Rouge, Aurora, Charleston, Naples, Brennan, Williamsburg, Manhattan, New Orleans, Bostonian, Encino, and Santa Fe. Decorative glass designs in the Pro Via line include Brilliance, Cheyenne, St. Jane, Glenmore, Santa Fe, Crystal, Barcelona, Solitaire, Tranquility, Radiant Hues, Emerald, Classic, Lehigh, Beveled, Tuscany, and Diamond. Decorative caming is available in polished brass, patina and zinc.
Pro Via line Inspirations Art Glass. Choose from five designer color palettes and seven door styles to make your door stand out.
Different colored thresholds. Customize your entryway by choosing a threshold in satin nickel/black or brass/brown.
Distinctive handle sets, hardware, lever sets, locksets, and deadbolts. Complement and batch the exterior or interior of your home by choosing hardware in a variety of finishes including antique brass, polished brass, aged bronze, and satin nickel. Innovative electronic keyless access entry systems are also available.
Multiple stain and paint options. Choose from either a stained or painted door (or order a door that is factory-primed if you would like to add your own finish). Choose from fruitwood, natural oak, dark walnut, cherry, colonial, or rosewood stains or one of the 19 different paint colors from Polaris. The Pro Vina line has a variety of stains including Light Oak, Natural Oak, Oak, Walnut, Dark Oak, Dark Mahogany, and Cherry, as well as 16 paint colors.
Decorative mini-blinds. Decorative mini-blinds that tilt and raise can be added into tempered glass doors, eliminating the need of cleaning and dusting the blinds.
Transom windows. Transom windows can be added over 3 foot doors, doors with sidelights or double doors.
Selection of door panel designs. Choose from a variety of door panel designs to suit many styles.
External grids. Install a grid or grill on a side, garage or back door to add a decorative touch.
Upgraded glass packages. Reduce your home's cooling and heating costs when you upgrade the glass in your new exterior steel door.
Exterior Steel Doors Photo Gallery