Shower Stall & Bath to Shower Conversions
Choosing the right type of enclosure for your shower can be a difficult decision to make. At America's Dream HomeWorks, we will help you choose the right acrylic shower wall system or custom tile project that fits within your budget. We can also convert your tub into a shower easily.
Acrylic Tile and Shower Benefits
Increase your home's value. Improving your bath and shower space will increase your home's value so you can earn a high ROI.
Create a mold-free environment. If your current shower gets moldy, then you need to contact us to install waterproof materials to stop mold growth.
Design to meet all your needs. If your plan is to stay in your home until you grow old, then we can create a universal design that will work with people of all ages and abilities.
Reduce cleaning time. Cleaning your shower and tub is a hard to do. By choosing either a base combo or acrylic wall (which are both maintenance free) or a beautiful tile design with a urethane grout eliminates the need to scrub your shower.
Accessorize and Customize Your Shower. We'll create your shower the way you envisioned it in your mind. You can choose from a variety of leg ledges, bench seats, corner caddies, and shampoo niches.
Trust a Reputable Company to Install Your Shower Stall. America's Dream HomeWorks is a member of many home builder associations as well as accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Ready for Tile and Acrylic Shower Base Products
Benefits of acrylic shower pans are:
- Won't fade, chip, crack or peel
- Reduce water leakage
- Costs less than solid surface bases
- Available in a variety of colors, configurations and sizes
- Corner and bench seats are available
- Will work in a bath to shower conversion
Benefits of a ready for tile, expanded polystyrene base:
- Lower labor costs and installation time
- Customizable for a variety of sizes as well as roll-in and walk-in showers
- Fits any wall shape
- Costs less than a solid surface base that is custom-designed
Tub to Shower Conversion Installation Process
Turning a bathtub into a shower can create a safer and more useful bathroom. Here's the steps we follow to make sure we convert your tub into a shower correctly.
- We'll cut the walls 4 to 6 inches above the bathtub deck.
- Remove the floor drain and overflow cover as well as disconnecting the existing plumbing lines.
- Pry or cut out acrylic, fiberglass or cast iron tub.
Installing the Plumbing and the Base
- Install a new valve.
- Inspect the subfloor for defects.
- Install a drain adapter.
- Dry fit the shower pan to make sure it fits properly.
Installing the Accessories and the Wall System
- Set the base in a mortar bed. Level it to the framing and tie the training to the pipes below.
- Add green board, water-resistant backer board, or furring strips. Install the wall system and accessorize it.
- Install the plumbing trim for the handle, shower head, and mixing valve. Install the shower rod or door.
- Caulk the corners and the shower door.
Installing a Ready for Tile Polystyrene Shower Base
- Set down a latex-modified mortar.
- Place a silicone bead around the drain body.
- Then install the base.
Tile and Acrylic Shower FAQ
Do I need to tear everything out if I want to remodel my shower?
No you don't. The acrylic shower wall liners we use are able to be installed over existing tile walls.
What types of designs and enclosures do you offer?
Several popular choices many of our customers choose are acrylic and tile inside bases and walls. There are times when we are asked to provide cultured marble or a solid surface. Designs vary from roll-in and walk-in showers to stand up showers.
What base options do you have available?
We install fiberglass, ready for tile polystyrene, acrylic, and solid surface bases.
What types of shower walls do you have available?
The most popular shower wall that we have available are acrylic and tile wall surrounds. The acrylic goes over your existing wall to cut costs.
Do you offer universal showers?
Yes we do. We can install barrier-free and roll-in shower systems with tile and acrylic flooring.
What types of accessories do you have available?
The list of shower accessories we have available are shower doors, grab bars, shower or plumbing valves, leg ledges, corner caddies, shower curtain rods, and shower niches.
Why should I choose to hire you for my tub to shower conversion?
- We begin by listening to your wants and needs and then answer all your questions.
- We are one of the leading bath and shower remodeling companies in the area.
- We have over 15 years of experience.
- Our products have exceptional warranties.